New Year, New You!
Be the Best Version of You: Self Care Tips
In our daily lives, there’s an overabundance of distractions and responsibilities. It’s so easy to lose yourself in the constant busy rhythm of life. Make this year the year for you to make some me-time, without the guilt! Here are a few tips to be the best version of you for 2020:
Clean the Clutter After Marie Kondo’s Netflix show, getting rid of the clutter surrounding you has been the latest trend. It’s more than a trend, it’s important to make it a lifestyle. Research shows that a messy environment increases our stress hormone, reduces focus and creativity and can even make us more vulnerable and sensitive to pain. Also, doesn’t it feel AH-MAZING to start your work grind with a clean space? Take a few minutes every day to clean up what you can and see how much lighter your soul will feel!
Sleep to rejuvenate your body and mind Could sleep be the fountain of youth? You can probably answer that yourself based on how you look and feel when you don’t get enough of it. You know that it affects you emotionally and physically. Getting 7-9 hours of quality sleep leads to a long list of health and beauty benefits. This is when your body repairs itself and your mind can wind down and de-stress. Make a nightly routine to prepare for a good night’s sleep by taking a bath, reading a book, or by taking a few minutes to meditate. You won’t regret it!
Drink That Water Can you believe that humans are 60% water and our blood is 90% water?! So crazy! With that being said, it makes so much sense why water is ESSENTIAL for our body to function. When your body is dehydrated, your skin becomes more vulnerable and prone to wrinkling and skin disorders. Take care of yourself and reach for that extra glass of water!
Smell Nice Smells Ever wonder why you smell a certain smell and a memory of your past would surface? Studies show that scents actually connect directly to a special part of your brain. Scientists have found that the olfactory sense (senses in your nose) is the only one with a straight link to the limbic system. This system is an area of your brain that is responsible for emotional regulation, memory, and behavior. This is where Bonblissity fits in! We offer a variety of scents to cater to everyone’s different “taste”. Here is a list of our current scents. We hope that you’ll try them all!
- Fresh Lemongrass A smell so fresh and bright, it's like clean linens drying on a spring day. Green verbena and a dash of vanilla make for a purely energizing and uplifting aroma.
- Lavender Luxury For those moments when you could use a bit of serenity, we combined classic lavender with hints of musk and amber. The result is a soothing scent that's not at all harsh or medicinal, but rather soft and calm-inducing.
- Mango Sorbet This mouth-watering combination is like a fruit salad for your senses. Ripe mango, juicy lemons, and fresh raspberries evoke the fun and liveliness of the tropics.
- Ocean Mist This crisp, aquatic blend washes over you with just one quick breath. Notes of neroli, bergamot, tangerine, and a touch of mahogany bring to life the calm and freshness of a sea breeze.
- Sweet Satsuma We wanted to capture the fresh, citrusy scent that lingers on your fingertips long after you peel an orange. Sweet Satsuma—a Japanese mandarin—bursts with juicy, energizing zest.
- Vanilla Brown Sugar Warm and comforting, this sweet-yet-subtle aroma pairs the richness of vanilla with notes of brown sugar caramelizing over a fire. Resist the temptation to eat it and let skin absorb the delicious goodness instead.
Don’t forget…Bonblissity was born from the desire to be pampered with a true spa experience at home or on-the-go. We believe in self-care, anywhere! We encourage you to love yourself and treat yourself!
Published Jan 12, 2020